Call it Murphy’s Law, or maybe just a little bad luck, but we sometimes see heat pump issues in Central Point during the cooler months, when they’re needed the most to keep you warm. While you know the team at Titan Heating & Air Conditioning will constantly be there ASAP when you need us for a heat pump repair, there are some things you can do to double check a repair is necessary and save yourself some money if it’s not. We’ve gathered this checklist of things to test before you give us a call.
- It may sound ridiculous, but make sure everything is switched “on”. We’ve been to numerous calls only to discover the thermostat or the heat pump itself is turned off.
If the heat pump still hasn’t kicked on, go back to your thermostat.
- Is the thermostat set to heat? If yes, increase the temperature by five degrees to test if it turns on.
- If everything looks accurate, test your heat pump switch (if it has one) and test the fuses and circuit breaker that shield the extra heating element (if it has one).
Is an impasse causing your heat pump to fail?
- Try changing the battery, if it has one.
- Check your air filters inside your air handler to ensure they’re not jamming things up.
- Are your room heating registers open and unobstructed?
If you’ve worked through this checklist and you still need a heat pump fix, call Titan Heating & Air Conditioning at 514-600-5499 and we’ll return your home back to the toasty and cozy place you expect this time of year.