Whether you enjoy winter or favor the warmer months in Central Point, most of us make adjustments to ensure our home’s temperature keeps us comfortable. This can have a large impact on your energy bills, but there are steps you can take to help lower those costs.
- Assess the weather stripping – Over time, the seals around your windows and doors can crack or become weathered. Walk around your home to pinpoint any drafts that should be addressed.
- Utilize your blinds – If your windows have blinds, they can be useful in keeping your house warm. Keep them open when the sun is shining during the day, and make sure to close them at night, so the warmer air doesn’t escape.
- Change your filter – Check your filter routinely to see if it should be changed. We advocate at least once every three months, but every household is different, so that can vary.
- Buy a programmable thermostat – Programmable thermostats may seem like just a simple way to make sure your home stays warm, but programmable thermostats can also save you money! You can arrange temperatures to be on a lower setting when you are away from the home or sleeping. Using your heat more efficiently helps lower your bill.
- Add insulation to your attic – Look to see if you have an adequate amount of insulation. Because heat rises, insulation in your attic is a useful tool to reduce the chances of heat escaping.
- Book routine maintenance – Just like we visit the doctor to get checkups, your heating system needs to have checkups, too. Hiring experts to clean and maintain your system will give you piece of mind that your system is working effectively and efficiently. They can also identify small issues that could end up as more costly repairs if neglected.
- Assess your HVAC system – If you notice your energy bills are continually increasing—regardless your efforts to improve efficiency—it might be time to look for a replacement heating system. The professionals at Titan Heating & Air Conditioning can help you analyze the performance of your HVAC system and walk through the choices for newer, more efficient models.
Not only will these steps reduce the amount of money you are having to spend on heating bills, but many of them can help your heating system work more efficiently. More efficient energy use also maintains the health of your equipment, which means your system will last longer.
If you would like routine maintenance on your heating system or would like an expert to provide insight on reducing energy costs—we’ve got you covered. Give Titan Heating & Air Conditioning in Central Point a call to start down the right path. Give us a shout at 514-600-5499 or schedule an appointment with us online.