If you're like most people, you probably spend a lot of time on your smart phone, whether it’s checking in on work or checking in on friends. Your personal smart phone can also keep you connected to your home. You can use it to control your home’s temperature and find out when it’s time to schedule air conditioner service.
It can be difficult to keep up with technology, but currently there are two types of advanced thermostats:
- Connected. Connected thermostats allow you to control your system over a Wi-Fi connection, so that means you can use your smart phone from anyplace, including work or a vacation destination to manage your thermostat.
- Smart Thermostats. Smart thermostats have Wi-Fi capabilities, but they can also learn your schedule by knowing where you are. This type of thermostat can actually sense when you’re away from home and change the temperature as needed.
There’s been quite a bit of buzz about smart thermostats lately. As with most new technology, they’ll continue to evolve and become more accessible and affordable. If you don’t have one, it’s never a bad time to learn more about them and all their benefits, namely the ability to closely control the comfort of your home—even when you’re away from home. Here are some other benefits you’ll enjoy:
- Easy adjustments. As they learn your preferences, smart thermostats will begin to make adjustments that will keep you comfortable when you’re home while saving money.
- Helpful reminders. In our busy lives, it can be hard to remember to make an appointment for HVAC maintenance. Your smart thermostat can remind you to change your HVAC filter and alert you when you need to schedule routine maintenance.
- Convenient compatibility. The majority of smart thermostats easily integrate with a wide variety of heating and cooling equipment, so a lot of models are probably compatible with your equipment.
Smart thermostats offer you many benefits to maximize your home comfort levels and give you opportunities to lower your energy bills. Call Titan Heating & Air Conditioning in Central Point at 541-286-6617. We have a great selection of thermostats for you to choose from, so you can be sure you’ll find one to match your needs.