According to the National Air Duct Cleaners Association, air ducts need to be cleaned at least once every three to five years on average. Your home’s location, your pets and the age of your air filters—along with many other factors—can influence this timeline. How can you tell if it’s time to have your ducts cleaned? We’ve got some indications that you should keep an eye on.
Look for these clues:
1. When your vents are completely opened, do any have weaker airflow than others?
2. Can you hear noise other than your blower motor when you focus on the airflow?
3. Is there an obstruction in your cold air return vent?
4. When you glimpse inside with a flashlight, do you see a buildup of debris or pet hair?
5. Have bugs or rodents made a home in your ductwork?
6. Are your cold air returns coated with dust or pet hair?
7. Are your registers pushing out dust?
If you said “yes” to any of these questions, it might be time to contact Titan Heating & Air Conditioning in Central Point about air duct cleaning.
Prolonging Time Between Air Duct Cleaning
While professional cleanings are important, there are actions you can take to protect your ducts and extend the time between professional appointments.
Most importantly, schedule regular HVAC maintenance with the experts at Titan Heating & Air Conditioning. A yearly evaluation of your furnace in the fall and air conditioning unit in the spring will keep your HVAC system working at peak performance. Checking your system regularly and replacing the air filter when necessary will also help keep your ducts open.
More ways you can help manage your ducts:
• Seal air duct leaks that let debris in from places such as your attic.
• Check your air filters regularly and put in new filters when needed.
• Regularly dust and vacuum your house.
• Replace air duct insulation if it is in poor or wet condition.
Keeping your ducts clear will help you make sure the air in your Central Point home is clean. Don’t forget to use these preventative actions and schedule a professional duct cleaning now. Call the experts at Titan Heating & Air Conditioning at 541-286-6617 or make an appointment online.