The low temperatures in winter usually manifest as high heating bills. Can you find ways to keep your home toasty without raising your energy cost so much? Yes! Titan Heating & Air Conditioning has some tips for you to help keep your home comfortable and your heating bills lower.
Use these tips to help boost your energy efficiency and lower your heating bills this winter:
- Make the most of sunny days in Central Point to help heat your home naturally. Pull back the curtains and open the blinds to let the sun give your furnace a little [[help|boost|break]14.
- Keep the cold air from sneaking in. Seal your windows and doors with caulk or weather stripping.
- The more you can control the temperature in your home, the more you can take control of your energy usage. A programmable thermostat will get the job done and enhance your home’s energy efficiency.
- Clogged, dirty furnace filters make your furnace work more and lower your energy efficiency. Clean or replace them every three months.
- Do a quick check of your home. Are any vents or cold air returns covered? Clear the way for better airflow and efficiency.
- If your furnace is more than 15 years old, start looking for a new energy-efficient model. This could save you the cost of emergency repairs and will help lower your energy bills for years to come.
- Heat rises. Don’t let your heat rise so far and sneak out through the attic. Ensure your attic is well insulated to keep warm air where you need it.
- It’s a little-known fact, but heat can escape through your roof. Check it for loose or missing shingles and holes or areas that need to be sealed.
It may seem like managing your home’s energy efficiency is difficult, but with these tips, it should be a little easier. If you’re looking for more ways to increase your home’s energy efficiency, give us a call at 514-600-5499. We’ll help you keep your home comfortable throughout the year, even in the harshest Central Point weather.