When it’s chilly in Central Point you count on your furnace to keep you comfortable. If it’s been some time since your system had maintenance, you might have a furnace repair visit in your future. Even if your system seems to be running well, you likely need to clean or replace your air filter. An old air filter can stop air flow, impact your furnace’s efficiency and affect the limit switch that controls furnace operation.
There are different reasons you may have to have a furnace repair. The quicker you can reach out for a furnace repair, the better. If you see any of the following symptoms, call in an expert, like Titan Heating & Air Conditioning.
1. Your furnace is loud. You might have a problem if your furnace is running loudly or making noises that are unfamiliar.
2. Your blower isn’t operating how it should. Is it running for enough time? Is it running endlessly? Does the air flow seem faint? You might have a problem with your air filter or furnace blower.
3. Your home isn’t getting warm enough. Have you raised the temperature again and again but don’t feel like the temperature is what it should be? This could suggest a few different problems. It could be a problem with your thermostat. It may be an issue with your gas source or pilot light. It could even be that your furnace isn’t correctly sized for your home.
4. Your electric bill keeps increasing. Your usage isn’t changing but your bill keeps climbing. This could point to some different problems. Your HVAC expert will help sort out what’s going wrong.
5. You smell gas. This is important. If you smell gas, shut down your furnace immediately and cut off its gas supply. Keep lights off and don’t use matches until your HVAC expert or your gas company has a chance to inspect your system.
6. You find water gathering around your furnace. This is the result of a clogged condensation line. It may need both plumbing and HVAC experts to fix.
You’ll know when you have to schedule furnace repair now that you’re aware of these common symptoms. The team at Titan Heating & Air Conditioning will be there when you need us. Call us at [[phonenumber]] or use our online scheduler to make an appointment.