During the cooler Central Point months, your furnace is your best friend—except for when it breaks down and turns out to be your worst enemy. Hopefully, this won’t happen to you, keeping you and your furnace on friendly terms. But, if it does, a simple call to Titan Heating & Air Conditioning will get you warm and comfortable quickly. We’ve got some signs you should watch for to help you decide if you’re in need a furnace repair—hopefully before you’re in an emergency repair situation. Call Titan Heating & Air Conditioning as soon as possible if you observe any of these complications:
- You smell gas. Shut down your furnace instantly and shut off its gas supply if you smell gas. Don’t light a match or anything else that creates a flame and keep your lights off until your furnace can be inspected by your HVAC expert or your gas company.
- Your home is too chilly. If you’re frequently turning up the thermostat, yet you aren’t getting warmer, a furnace repair could be needed. While this could be a sign of a problem with your thermostat, it might also mean your furnace is not the right size for your space.
- Your furnace is noisy. If you notice a change in the sounds coming from your furnace and it’s become noisier than usual, it’s probably a good idea to arrange a repair.
- Your utility bill is climbing without increased usage. If you’re operating your furnace as you usually do but notice an increase in your utility bill, there are several different problems you could be experiencing. Your qualified technician from Titan Heating & Air Conditioning can find out what the problem is.
- Your blower isn’t working correctly. If your blower isn’t running enough or, on the other hand, is running consistently, you could have a problem. It could be a something as small as an air filter problem or something as large as a motor problem. We’ll help you figure it out.
Now that you know how to identify when you need a furnace repair, call us and we are happy to help. If your furnace is running fine, keep it that way with a preventive maintenance visit. Just call Titan Heating & Air Conditioning at 541-286-6617 or book an appointment with us online.