Having routine air conditioning service performed at least annually can help extend the life of your air conditioner and keep it running at peak efficiency. Before we get to the warmest days of the Central Point summer, have the experts at Titan Heating & Air Conditioning conduct your annual air conditioning service.
Particular tasks should always be done during a accurate air conditioning service appointment. As stated by energy.gov, your specialist should always:
- Look for the correct amount of refrigerant, and if needed, examine for refrigerant leaks with a leak detector.
- If a refrigerant evacuation is required, retrieve any refrigerant that must be cleared from the system, as opposed to illicitly releasing it to the atmosphere.
- Inspect for efficient airflow throughout the system.
- Verify the correct electric control sequence to guarantee proper sequence of operation.
- Review electric terminals, clean and strengthen connections.
- Inspect the exactness of the thermostat.
When it comes to DIY air conditioning service, swapping out or cleaning your air filters frequently is on the top of the list. That’s because nothing else that easy can help ensure your air conditioner continues to operate at peak efficiency. Outside of when the air filter is cleaned or swapped out during your routine air conditioning service appointment, you should examine it frequently. We suggest looking at it every month or according to the manufacturer’s advice. How often it actually requires cleaning or replacement will depend on individual aspects in your home, like how much dust comes into your home and whether or not you have pets.
If it’s time for your annual air conditioner service or if you have questions about air filters or another aspect of air conditioner maintenance, call Titan Heating & Air Conditioning today at 514-600-5499.