Summer has arrived! Many of us are excited for warmer weather and some calm summer days. To optimize your comfort and truly relax, make sure your air conditioner is ready for the summer heat. One of the keys to a great summer in Central Point is a dependable, efficient air conditioner. While Titan Heating & Air Conditioning constantly recommends staying current with annual preventive air conditioning service, we’ve got numerous tips to help keep your air conditioner functioning in the heat.
- First, another chance to cite the golden rule of HVAC: inspect your air filter regularly! Replace it according to the manufacturer’s recommendation.
- Take the cover off your air conditioning unit if you opted to have it covered for the cold weather. Turning on your air conditioner in advance of removing the cover can severely damage it and lead to costly air conditioner service calls.
- Plants, leaves, tall grass and debris that are close to your outside unit can lessen your AC’s performance. Trim the grass, clean out any debris and clear away overgrowth that blocks your unit before you start it this summer. remember to check the surroundings at least monthly to keep it unobstructed and optimize airflow through your air conditioner.
- To provide the best air quality and that your air conditioner is operating efficiently, have your ducts cleared out regularly. It’s also a good idea to have your ducts inspected for leaks to ensure all that cooled air is going where you need it and not leaving through gaps.
- Consider putting in a programmable thermostat to provide assistance to manage the efficiency of your air conditioner.
- Evaluate the slab your air conditioner unit is placed on.
These easy steps can save you from additional air conditioning service and keep you cool and comfortable throughout the summer months. If it’s time to schedule your annual air conditioner service, or if you are interesting in any more tips or information to help get your air conditioner ready for summer and keep it running smoothly, call Titan Heating & Air Conditioning in Central Point at 541-286-6617 today.