You can’t control the weather, but you can control how much you’re spending to remain comfortable no matter the weather. While it might not be the initial thing that comes to your mind, getting an yearly furnace service is a great way to keep from overspending on your utility bills and now is the perfect time to get that scheduled. The pros at Titan Heating & Air Conditioning have put together some tips to help you save some money this coming season.
- Furnace Service—As we mentioned before, furnace service can help save you in more ways than one. It can help you find small problems before they become large problems, and it can help make sure your system is operating at its best.
- Thermostat Adjustment—Switching the temperature on your thermostat several degrees can make a huge dent on your energy bill. After a few months those savings will really add up. If you’re having trouble getting used to the present temperature, try changing it bit by bit, perhaps a degree a day. Your body will swiftly adjust to the new temperature.
- Change Your Filter—Changing your furnace filter is one of the most simple and most helpful things a homeowner can do. A clogged filter will keep air from passing through freely, which will cause your system to work harder, which drives up your utility bills.
- Address Drafts—Windows and doors with drafts can cause you to lose heat and money. Caulk and weather-stripping are easy ways to tackle drafts.
- Efficiency Check—When your Titan Heating & Air Conditioning technician is over for your annual furnace service, ask them about the efficiency level of your unit. They can help you determine if it is time to look into a more energy-efficient model, which could help save you money without inhibiting your comfort.
There isn’t a bad time to start saving money. Of course there are additional ways to save money, but hopefully this will be the jumpstart you need. If you need to schedule your yearly furnace service or have any other questions about your home comfort give us a call at 541-286-6617.