Living at ease in the summer can be taken for granted, especially until you feel a taste of discomfort with an air conditioner breakdown. It can happen at the worst moments; you’re eating lunch and abruptly realize how warm your kitchen feels or you can’t fall asleep at night because you are so hot bound in your covers. Think you’re feeling this discomfort? It might be an occasion for an air conditioner replacement.
More often than not, it isn’t the thermostat’s mistake; the settings can be working appropriately, but it still says that the temperature is over 80 degrees. It’s usually caused by an outdated or faulty air conditioner that needs a call to the professionals to find out what’s wrong. There are many explanations why air conditioners fail, especially taking into consideration the weather in Central Point. Here are a couple of things that you can look for before you call Titan Heating & Air Conditioning if you think your air conditioner has stopped working:
- Broken outdoor fan motor: There is a fan motor on your external air conditioning system that helps transport the heat from your home to the outdoors. If you inspect your system and find that the fan isn’t running, it means that the heat movement isn’t happening, causing the warm air to remain in your home. This problem can also trigger overheating of the compressor and other likely internal harm to your system.
- Dirty filters: It’s one of the most familiar problems that Titan Heating & Air Conditioning sees. These unclean filters in your air conditioner reduce appropriate airflow, affecting the air quality in your home, which is really problematic when allergy season comes around. Unclean air filters can also lower the efficiency in your home and raise your monthly energy costs.
- Blocked air flow: Always search for an obstacle or obstruction in your return-air or supply-air grille. This can set off your air conditioner to decrease efficiency and reduce speed.
TIP: Make sure the grilles aren’t covered by furniture or other home items, also.
- Outside obstructions: Good air flow could be also hindered from exterior barriers around your system, such as shrubbery, trees, lawn chairs, etc. When the air flow is altered, it can affect it’s cooling abilities. Make sure that your system is free from obstacles and is cleaned regularly to reduce the chance of air conditioner replacement.
Once you’ve worked through these four system checks and your air conditioner still isn’t operating, here are a list of questions and tests that you should inspect and answer to get your system up and running again. (Only move on to the next question if the system doesn’t switch on after doing the step before it):
- Is your thermostat temperature programmed below the indoor temperature?
- Is your system switch in the COOL position?
- Is the outdoor unit power supply switch ON?
- Is the furnace/air handler power supply ON?
- Is your house fuse box/breaker box whole or has it blown a fuse or tripped a circuit breaker?
- If none of these things change your system procedure, call Titan Heating & Air Conditioning at 541-286-6617.
Don’t let an air conditioner failure or replacement keep you awake at night. If you follow these tips and keep your system under regular maintenance, you should have you air conditioner running again in no time. Our team at Titan Heating & Air Conditioning in Central Point is always here to help – give us a call at 541-286-6617.